Saturday, May 12, 2007

Three Months Review
I've been home now 3 months to consistant gym training and figure I'm up for review.

The Good:
Weight: My weight is down and where I feel it should be and my BF% has gone down too, which is great on the old ego and self esteem
Endurance and metabolic conditioning has also returned to where it was so has mental strength, all three I think have surpassed my previous bests in certain fields.
Strength has also improved and a I've hit PRs on a couple of lifts but others still lag or haven't gotten back to previous bests.
Diet: My diet has been great the last month or so. I've managed to gain control of my eating and avoid any binges or munch out session. I've added a lot of science to the nutrition component but I think I have to. In times past with no structure I was extremely prone to major munch-out sessions, binging on a box of ceral, 3 boxes of crackers, a block of cheese, 1/2 loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter...pretty much anything I could find. I think with the perameters and guidelines I've now put in place I'm forced to eat and am not skipping out of missed calories like before. Plus I still get to enjoy my food and the once a week cheat meal. I typed lot's more on this subject than the others, which I guess shows the importance of nutrition but it also highlights how food had been a problem for me in the past.


The Bad:
Plain and simple, I'm Weak. Sure I can squat 1.5xBW and deadlift 2xBW but I'm still weak. Overhead stuff is just ugly. Strength oriented WODs stare me down and stick out like a sore thumb. OL styled WODs too. I lack power and explosiveness.

Problem: I can run 10km in 50 minutes without any training for it at all but I can't C&J my BW even though I practice.
Solutions: Olympic lifting or a strength/mass style routine based around compound movements. Part of me wants the latter but I know from past experience how borring that can get plus I'm really interested in putting what I know now into that format as it failed miserably in the past.
Plan: Olympic Lifting. I've found a coach and have my first session lined up. I think this path also allows me to do a bit more CF style workouts and the ability to keep some aerobic capacity. Plus it's something I've never tried before and isn't that part of the CF creedo?


Goals: Sept. 16/07 - my birthday
A Bodyweight C&J (140lbs-1)
115lbs, snatch (85lbs-3)
Strength/power/explosiveness, maitanence of metabolic conditioning, increase of GPP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home