Friday, May 18, 2007

17/05/07
Had my 3rd Olympic Lifting session at PowerPlus. Worked on clean and jerks and their different components. Coach says my cleans are pretty solid as are my deadlifts but it's the jerk that needs to be worked on. My overhead strength needs some major catching up and my form on the jerk needs improvement; gotta get that front leg out further. Cleaned 65kg and jerked 50kg. 65kg clean was pretty easy and I tried to hit 70kg but I started thinking and lost it from there. I got to remember to stop thinking. Finished off with some deadlifts pulling 135kg for a single, which wasn't too difficult.

Coach says that my deadlift is solid but my squat is a little lagging by comparison and my overhead strength needs working on. So far I've learned lots from the 3 sessions and it's been well worth the money, which isn't much. The input and instruction I've got on the snatch, clean and jerk has lighten the light-bulb over my head more than a few times. Lot's of info to digest though and I can feel the session and all that I've learned starting to take effect. A rest day is needed.

I'm slotted in for 1 more session, which will probably be my last. From there I'll start a program/template he's whipping up for me according to what he's seen and what weights I've pulled.

I've also noticed that I've gained some weight but at the same time I've had to make a new notch on my belt to make it smaller to keep my pants from falling down...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home