Tuesday, May 15, 2007

14/05/07
Went to my first Olympic Lifting session at PowerPlus Gym, it was rad. My coach, Larry is great and the gym I'm in is exactly the surroundings I want to be in; no more monkey's doing curls till they puke, i'd really like to see that actually...just plain old lifting, either fast or heavy. Larry is really patient and the techniques he uses work really well with the light-bulb over my head going on more than a few times. His main focus for me is the Snatch and C&J, which is exactly what I want. We started today on snatches and I managed 40kg but couldn't quite get 45kg over my head, I had it but failed to lock-out. 40kg was easy. I need to build nerves. We finished off with some back squats and I went 225x1, which was pretty easy. I'm thinking I'm entering a whole new world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home