Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Been a long time since I've posted a comment here. Training has been down the last couple of months. It always seems like my training takes a slump during the summer. At first I dropped the weights and started working back up but I think I need a good change in general. I haven't been feeling 100% and have been wondering as to what the hell my goals are and what am I doing. I guess my goals and the only reason I go to the gym and work out is to for health reasons, mentally and physically.
It's been nearly 2 years since I've done any Crossfit metcon stuff and 3 years since I've been dedicated to it. I've always looked back at my Crossfit days with nostalgia and a view that I was very fit and felt really good. Didn't like being as weak as I was and I now question if I need that level of metcon. My goals right now are to be fit, have fun, feel good about myself, get stronger and fitter. Pretty vague but it's what works for me, someone with no sport or athletic goals.

Workouts include a strength component based off of the principles of Wendler's 5-3-1 and then a finishing metcon, something around 10 minutes time comprised of assistant exercises for that day's strength movement. Pretty basic and so far has been fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home