Sunday, July 09, 2006

Well my knee is still bothering me but I’m able to work with it after a good stretch and warm up. Things like running, squats, thrusters and all that don’t seem to bother it that much, it’s just simply walking around that gives me pain, sometimes lots, sometimes none. I’m looking to go see a physiotherapist or sports doctor ASAP and in the meantime I think I just need to walk slower, keep away from movements that require lots of bending of it and stick to rowing instead of running. I got my hands on a couple dumbbells so as far as I’m concerned I’m now set with a decent gym. Yeah a full bumper plate set and Olympic lifting platform, kettlebells, rower, ring station, back ext. station and a hundreds of other kick ass equipment would be rad but I can, have and will continue to make do with what I have. I was thinking about making a medicine ball for some wall ball shots but I don’t think my apartment would like my smashing it up against the wall too much, plus I don’t think they’re concrete walls but I might take another look and maybe even resort to doing them outside. Anyways, things are getting setup nicely in Sydney and although I can’t make it to a Suffer in Sydney due to my work schedule, which hardcore sucks, I will make it out there sometime. Other then that I’ve been pretty diligent on skill work, putting in up to a half an hour on handstands and L-hold before each WOD. I’m giving skill work a try before the WOD but I’m thinking that it’s going to bite into my WOD capacity and would be better off doing it afterwards. The only problem with doing it after though is that I often say screw it and shove off. I’ve also been trying to get some swimming in and have been doing some laps after the WOD. Only like 8 laps in a 15m pool but since I’m the worst swimmer ever it seems like a mile. I don’t dare do it for time but just for the cardio workout, practice and experience in the water if anything.

07/09/06
Regis’ Apartment Gym, Sydney NSW
“JT”
21-15-9 for time of:
Handstand push-ups
Ring Dips
Push-ups
Time 17:00
Comments:
The handstands were done assisted but with very little incline. The ring dips held me back a fair bit and I’m sure all the upper body stuff I’ve been doing didn’t help my time. My previous time was way back in the fledgling beginning of my travels, when I was still young, naïve and lean at the West’s farm on 11/30/06. I remember doing the HSPU on a ladder with a pretty steep incline so they were more like inclined push-ups. My time then was 11:25.

07/08/06
Regis’ Apartment Gym, Sydney NSW
With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.
Total Rounds 14 + 14 extra
Comments:
Could have, should have, would have had 15 total rounds but alas. I’m sure this is close to a PR also but I can’t remember when I last did it.

07/07/06
Regis’ Apartment Gym, Sydney NSW
3 Rounds for a time of:
Row 500m
Bench Press Bodyweight, 21 reps
Time 17:50
Comments:
Major subs on this one; for the rows I used my jumpstretch band doing SDHP and did 60 per round in compensation. As for the bench press, I used the crappy machine bench press they have at my flat’s gym using 70kg, which is a little over my bodyweight. I handled the weight pretty easily and should have probably used 75kg or even 80kg to make up for using a shitty machine.

07/05/06
Regis’ Apartment Gym, Sydney NSW
5 Rounds for a time of:
Run 400m
15 Jumpstretch Overhead Squats
15 Burpees
Time 25:55
Comments:
My knee was feeling alright again so I gave it a go with some running. I had no problems running or doing the squats during the WOD but it wasn’t until afterwards that I had major pain and discomfort.

07/04/06
Regis’ Apartment Gym, Sydney NSW
“30 Muscle Ups”
or
120 Pulls ups and 120 Dips
Time 20:15
Comments:

Did the 120 pull/dip sub, solid effort on this one and I think a PR too.

07/01/06
Bradfield Park (the park under the harbour bridge), Sydney, NSW
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 for time of:
Overhead Rock Tosses
Jumping Pull-ups
Time 13:00
Comments:

Used the little rock that I found for the tosses. Wanted to do one arm tosses but I couldn’t grip the rock with just one hand.

06/30/06
Mike’s Apartment, Milsons’ Point, Sydney, NSW
20 to 1 of:
Burpees
Jumpstretch Thrusters
Time 39:56
Comments:
My knee was feeling alright so I took at shot at some lower body movements. How it works is you do 20 Burpees to 1 Thrusters, 19 Burpees to 2 Thrusters, and 18 Burpees to 3 Thrusters and so on until you get to 1 Burpees to 20 Thrusters. Took me a lot longer than I anticipated for sure but a solid effort none the less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home