Monday, May 08, 2006

Well I'm back on Kangaroo Island now, house sitting for my friend Kate. I'm stocked up with some good paleo food, have a good amount of "equipment" and a lot of extra time so there's really no excuses. I have been alright diet wise the last week but that's after crashing and burning and eating pizza and then proceeding to lose all self control and munch out on anything and everything that got in my way, namely anything that was a bread or grain and cheese. I've been nibbling here and there on some cheese and part of me tells me it's not good for you, namely the extremist side, and another part that tells me it's alright, namely the side that is bombarded with ads and such saying that dairy and cheese is good for you. I'm lactose intolerant but they do something different to the cheese down here that allows me to digest it. I weighted in at 67.5kg today, which is around 148.5lbs, yeah I'm a lightweight. I can definitely see that I've lost muscle and that my bf% has gone up a bit. I know understand better how you're body loses and gains muscle though; albeit that I have been exercising and working out, most of the weights that I have been using have been rather light due to me having to use rocks and other odd objects, because the weights are lighter my body doesn't need or use that muscle and in turn loses it. At least that's what I can gather.

05/08/06
Kate's Farm, Snelling Beach, Kangaroo Island, SA
Modulate: Weightlifting/Metabolic
3 rounds for time of:
Run 800m
21 Thrusters
21 Good mornings
Time
22:05
Comments:
Used a 23kg rock for the thrusters and a 18kg log for the GMs. A pretty good WOD that had me staggering pretty good, especially after the thrusters, got to find a heavier log though.

05/07/06
Kate's Farm, Snelling Beach, Kangaroo Island, SA
Modulate: Gymnastics
Minute on the minute of:
Burpees
Total Rounds 13 complete rounds + 11
Comments:
A pretty good WOD and I found my legs were burning like mad. I feel pretty beaten up and sore after that extended time off and then getting back into the swing of things with some taxing WOD's.

05/05/06
Kate's Farm, Snelling Beach, Kangaroo Island, SA
3 Rounds for time of:
25 Tire flips
15 Box Jumps
15 Tire flips
25 Box Jumps
Time 13:40
Comments:

After reading "Training in Austere Locations" article in March 2006's issue of the Crossfit journal, I got inspired and found a new piece of equipment; a huge ass tire.

05/04/06
Kate's Farm, Snelling Beach, Kangaroo Island, SA
As many rounds in 20 minutes of:
Run 100m
9 pull-ups
12 Squat Cleans
Total Rounds 8 + 100m, 9 pull-ups & 9 squat cleans
Comments:
A solid WOD and a solid effort. I should have been able to get those last 3 squat cleans but I wussed out from the burn in my legs and arms. Pull-ups and squat cleans are a deadly combo.

05/03/06
Kate's Farm, Snelling Beach, Kangaroo Island, SA
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 for time of:
Ring Dips
Swings
Jumpstretch overhead squats
Time 20:45
Comments:
17.5kg rock for the swings. Missed yesterday's WOD due to running around and seeing Kate off to South Africa. I'm out here by myself now with really no excuses to work out, do some skill work and eat healthy. Had pizza yesterday and then munched out hardcore on breads and grains. I've been keeping my food log up to date and the last couple day's have been pretty good compared to the amount of food that I have been surrounded with.

05/01/06
Kate's Farm, Snelling Beach, Kangaroo Island, SA
For Time:
Run 400m
21Thursters
30 pull-ups
Run 800m
30 pull-ups
21Thursters
Run 400m
Time 16:25
Comments:

Used a 23kg rock for the thrusters. It's good to be back at Kate's and have access to some good "equipment", rocks, good pull-up bar, logs, tire, stumps... I've missed a couple day's due to travelling from Melbourne to Adelaide to Kangaroo Island and then things were pretty crazy the second that I arrived for the next couple days.

04/26/06
Eastwind Rare Breeds Farm, Macclesfield, Victoria
21-15-9
Run 400m
Pick-ups
Time 10:20
Comments:

I used a big stump for the pick-ups that weighted about 40lbs. This one was almost a waste of time but felt like I needed to do something as I knew it would be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home