Friday, January 09, 2009

09/01/09
BW 77.8kg / 171.5lbs (PM)
-Row 500m = 1:41.7@31
DROM
-Back Squats: 113 x5x3
Solid. The last rep was easier than the second. I NEED to keep my arms up! I'm having some major bicipit pain, which I'm sure is Tendonitis. The last set I kept my arms up it didn't hurt plus by keeping my arms up it cued the rest of me to tighted up and I felt a lot more solid and stable. Subsequently I could really feel the hip drive and had no problems keep my knees out and back arched. The last set felt so good I'm going to go for 114 next session.
-Shoulder Press: 45 x5x2 / 45x4
Not too bad. Watch the form and "head-drive".
-Weighted Pull-ups: 12.5 x5x2 / 12.5 x4
-Stretch
An awesome last couple of sessions. Working out at the end of the day lends it's self really well for heavy lifting. I'm much more mobile, flexible, focused and determined. The squats felt really good today. I'm a bit on the lesser side of sleep the last couple days but have still been feeling really good and fresh. Caffeine consumption is down a bit too.

Now all of this said, I've received the odd news that I might be anemic. I had some blood work done and my hemoglobin count 13 so I need to get some further testing to see what the deal is. This has come as an extreme surprise and made me re-evaluate my diet. Vitamin B12 shouldn't be the problem, lots of eggs. Folic acid? I'm eating tonnes of veggies. Iron? Maybe. I haven't eaten much red meat the last could of months, in fact barely any. I have been eating my usual obscene amounts of green leafy veggies though. I've been lifting pretty heavy too, could this be depleting also? A large amount of cell division? This is all very concerning and I'm eager to find out more what I can do and what might be the cause of it.

And of course I read the symptoms and manage to match a majority of them to me. The one that concerns me the most is shortness of breath and palpitations. By no means is my cardiovascular capacity very high as of now but heavy squatting and hard rowing is by far more demanding than what 95% of the population is doing. I'm not gasping for air but I wonder if I should be puffing like I am after power-walking up 5 flights of stairs and the fact I can feel and notice my heartbeating makes me wonder. Regardless, I've upped the red meat intake and am trying to get into for more blood work asap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home