Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Year of Strength

Or so I hope. As of right now I want to dedicate this upcoming year, 2009 entirely to strength. I've been after the goal of getting bigger and stronger for the last year and a half now with less than stellar success. I've made progress yes, but not as much as I wanted and know I could have. My attempts in the past have been thwarted by going at it the wrong way, changing goals and changing programs. What's worked in the past is good old fashioned lifting and eating ala Starting Strength. My past previous bout with SS, I was walking into it a bit flabbier than I'd like and I put on a bit more fat than I wanted to but the results were there. I started another round in November '08, much leaner but much weaker. The first following weeks I got my squat back up to where it was but the presses are a bit lagging, all without too much extra lard. I'm hoping to keep a steady weight and strength gain over the next year, shooting for 14kg over the next 12 months. A reasonable gain and hopefully a leaner one.

I post this goal as a ways to remind myself and to avoid changing up my program and goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home